Belfast Community Sports Development Network (BCSDN) is the main community sports development organisation in Belfast, working with clubs, schools, community groups and others across the city.
BCSDN employs 19 Active Communities coaches working across Belfast, who deliver programmes primarily in neighbourhood renewal areas and particularly target under-represented groups, including females, people with disabilities and older people.
Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire, the power to unite people in a way that little else does.
BCSDN is well established and recognised by various statutory, government and community organisations for being able to deliver a variety of projects and programmes under health, good relations, crime diversion, employment, personal development training and community regeneration.
The Company also supports ‘partner’ community organisations and collectively delivers the following outputs annually:
- 15,000 individuals are actively involved in BCSDN’s programmes
- 10,000 hours of coaching delivered
- Over 300 Active Communities coaching sessions are delivered every week
- Support junior sports clubs achieve their Belfast Clubmark Award
- Organise and deliver Funding Roadshows and Club Development workshops
- Deliver Sheer SKILL – schools / community personal development programme
- Organise and facilitate Belfast Sports Forum – annual consultation and action planning event for Belfast Sports Clubs on behalf of Belfast City Council
- Offer 20+ volunteering/mentoring opportunities for young people aged 16+ from school/college and other organisations
- Manage Sportopps.com a social enterprise employing and deploying 20+ qualified sports coaches, facilitators and leaders across Belfast and NI – delivering 100’s of hours of activities in various settings.